Monday, August 22, 2011

Sponsorship

So this post is long overdo. I want to mention sponsorship on here for anyone who may be interested in an opportunity to serve. The children at Rising Star have the opportunity to gain an Education because of their sponsors. At the school they are taught math, history, physical education, English, and Computer Literacy –in India if you speak English and are computer literate your chance of success increases by 500%. Each child needs a few sponsors to help cover the cost of their food, school supplies books etc. It only costs $30 a month to sponsor a child.



These kids LOVE their sponsors! One little girl named Amsavilla treasured her cards and letters from her sponsors. She showed me the card and a photo of her sponsor whom she had never met. These children don't have lots of their own space to keep things in their rooms, so the fact that they save a letter from a sponsor shows how much they love them.When I told a girl I wanted to be her sponsor her whole face lit up and she hugged me. She said "Thank you Myra!" And kept repeatedly hugging me and saying "I love you." If you are interested in becoming a sponsor you can sign up here: http://www.risingstaroutreach.org/sac



No comments: